WHAT IS TOP MODEL AFRICA?
Top Model Africa (TMA) is a thirteen-week TV Reality Series with the goal to prepare young African models with the requisite skills, tools and knowledge needed to succeed in the modelling industry.
To become an international brand aimed at helping the young African women identify her full potential whilst inculcating in them the skills and knowledge needed to survive in the competitive work environment globally.
To develop local talents that can compete on the global stage while promoting ideals, values and culture of the African Woman.
HOW WILL IT WORK?
Auditioning: Auditions will be held in Accra Ghana in search of models all over Africa.
For the period of twelve weeks the competitors will be given an insight of the global opportunities in the modeling industry. Activities will be focused on various skills needed to be successful on the runway, photo posing, makeup, styling, client relationship, marketing skills, and more.
Weekly evictions will be conducted. The finalists will mount a final stage from which a winner will be chosen.
- The grand prize for the winner will be a contract with URBNModels Milan and First Models Management in London.
- The show will last a period of twelve weeks. Each week’s activities will be put into an episode to be aired on television.
- The TOP MODEL Africa TV Reality Series will be hosted by Belinda Baidoo.
- It is a learning platform for the audience, especially individuals who want to explore the modeling and fashion industry.
- Marketing opportunity for brands associated with the programme.
- Educate and Entertain the viewers.
- Exposure of Ghanaian and African fashion to the world.
- Promote Ghana’s and African’s tourism and culture to the world.